For many carnivores, steak is the ultimate indulgence. A perfectly cooked, juicy steak can be a sublime culinary experience that satisfies the senses and leaves a lasting impression. But with so many different types of beef on the market, how do you know which one to choose? Enter Certified Angus Beef, the premium beef brand that’s become synonymous with quality and flavor.
In this article, we’ll explore the origins of Certified Angus Beef, what sets it apart from other types of beef, and how to cook the perfect steak every time.
What Is Certified Angus Beef?
Certified Angus Beef (CAB) is a brand of beef that was created in 1978 by a group of ranchers who wanted to set a new standard for beef quality. Today, CAB is the world’s leading brand of premium beef, known for its exceptional taste and tenderness.
To qualify for the CAB label, beef must meet strict criteria for quality, consistency, and Angus genetics. The cattle must be at least 51% black Angus and meet strict USDA standards for marbling, tenderness, and consistency.
CAB beef also undergoes a rigorous inspection process to ensure that it meets the highest standards for tenderness, juiciness, and flavor.
Why Choose Certified Angus Beef?
The quality of the meat is the key factor that sets Certified Angus Beef apart from other types of beef. CAB cattle are bred specifically for their marbling, which is the small flecks of fat that run through the meat. This marbling is what gives the beef its tenderness and flavor.
The strict criteria for genetics, quality grading, and consistency ensure that every cut of CAB beef meets the same high standards of quality and taste. The result is a consistently delicious and memorable dining experience.
CAB beef is also known for its versatility, as it can be cooked using a variety of methods, from grilling to roasting to sautéing. And with a wide range of cuts available, there’s a CAB steak for every taste preference and occasion.
How To Choose The Right Cut Of Certified Angus Beef
One of the joys of cooking with CAB beef is the variety of cuts available, each with its own unique flavor and texture. Here’s a guide to some of the most popular cuts and how to cook them:
- Ribeye: This is one of the most popular cuts of beef, known for its rich, beefy flavor and abundant marbling. It’s best cooked on a grill or in a cast-iron skillet, and should be cooked to no more than medium-rare to preserve its tenderness.
- Filet Mignon: This is the most tender cut of beef, with a buttery texture and mild flavor. It’s best cooked using a dry-heat method, such as grilling or broiling, and should be cooked to no more than medium-rare.
- New York Strip: This is a classic steakhouse cut, with a hearty flavor and firm texture. It’s best cooked on a grill or in a cast-iron skillet, and can be cooked to medium or medium-well if desired.
- T-Bone And Porterhouse: These cuts are similar to the New York Strip, but include a bone that adds flavor and tenderness. They’re best cooked on a grill or in a cast-iron skillet, and should be cooked to no more than medium-rare.
- Sirloin: This is a leaner cut of beef, with a slightly chewy texture and beefy flavor. It’s best cooked on a grill or in a cast-iron skillet, and should be cooked to no more than medium.
How To Cook The Perfect Certified Angus Beef Steak
Cooking a perfect steak requires a combination of knowledge, skill, and attention to detail. Here are some tips for cooking the perfect Certified Angus Beef steak:
- Choose The Right Cut: As we mentioned earlier, different cuts of beef have different textures and flavors. Choose a cut that suits your tastes and the occasion.
- Let The Steak Come To Room Temperature: Take the steak out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature. This helps it cook more evenly.
- Season The Steak: Liberally season the steak with salt and pepper, or your favorite steak seasoning. Be sure to season both sides.
- Heat Your Grill Or Pan: Preheat your grill or pan over high heat. You want it to be very hot before you add the steak.
- Cook The Steak: Place the steak on the grill or in the pan and let it cook for a few minutes on each side. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the steak and your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak.
- Let The Steak Rest: Once the steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, making it more tender and juicy.
- Serve And Enjoy: Slice the steak against the grain and serve with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. Don’t forget to savor each bite and enjoy the delicious flavor of your Certified Angus Beef steak.
Certified Angus Beef steak is a delicious and versatile ingredient that can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes, from classic steak dinners to salads and sandwiches. Here are some recipe ideas to inspire your next meal:
- Grilled Ribeye With Chimichurri Sauce: Grill a juicy ribeye and top it with a zesty chimichurri sauce made with fresh herbs, garlic, and vinegar.
- Filet Mignon With Red Wine Reduction: This elegant dish features tender filet mignon topped with a rich red wine reduction sauce.
- New York Strip With Garlic Butter: This simple yet delicious recipe features a perfectly cooked New York Strip steak topped with a flavorful garlic butter.
- T-Bone Steak With Mushroom Sauce: Cook a juicy T-bone steak and top it with a savory mushroom sauce made with shallots, thyme, and white wine.
- Sirloin Steak Salad: Slice grilled sirloin steak and serve it on a bed of mixed greens, topped with cherry tomatoes, red onion, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
Our Final Thoughts
In conclusion, Certified Angus Beef steak is a premium ingredient that offers exceptional taste and quality. Its strict criteria for genetics, quality grading, and consistency ensure that each cut of meat is of the highest quality. By following these tips for cooking the perfect steak, you can enjoy a delicious and memorable meal that satisfies your taste buds and leaves you feeling satisfied.
Are You Looking For Delicious Steak And Family-Friendly Entertainment?
You’ve never had steak this good! Looking for the ultimate dining experience with mouthwatering Certified Angus Beef? Look no further than Kimono Restaurant! Our high-quality ingredients and hibachi grilling technique ensure that your meal is prepared just the way you like it, with no surprises. But that’s not all – our talented chefs will also put on a show with their amazing tricks, flips and quips! Bring the whole family for a night of food, fun, and entertainment that you won’t forget. Come taste the best beef available in the Bay Area at Kimono Japanese Restaurant in Benicia and Pleasanton, California. Don’t miss out on the Kimono difference – book your table now!