Sushi restaurants can be a lot of fun, but they can also be a little confusing if you’ve never been to one before. Don’t worry, though! We’re here to help. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about sushi restaurants. We’ll cover everything from what to order to how to eat it correctly. By the time you finish reading this post, you’ll be an expert on sushi!
So, what is sushi? Put simply, sushi is a type of Japanese food that typically consists of vinegared rice and seafood. The seafood is usually raw, but it can also be cooked. Sushi is often served with pickled ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce.
Now that you know a little bit about what sushi is, let’s talk about what to order at a sushi restaurant. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can always ask the chef for recommendations. However, if you’re not sure what to get, we recommend starting with some of the following:
- Sashimi: This is raw fish that has been sliced into thin pieces. It is typically served with soy sauce and pickled ginger.
- Nigiri: This is raw fish that has been shaped into small balls and then placed on top of vinegared rice. Again, it is usually served with soy sauce and pickled ginger.
- Maki: This is sushi that has been rolled up in seaweed and then sliced into small pieces. It can be made with a variety of fillings, but the most common is cucumber and avocado.
How To Eat Sushi
Now that you know what to order, let’s talk about how to eat it! The first thing you need to do is pick up your sushi with chopsticks. Once you have a piece of sushi in your chopsticks, dip it into soy sauce (if you like) and then eat it in one bite. It is considered rude to bite sushi in half, so make sure you can fit the whole piece in your mouth before taking a bite.
If you are eating nigiri or sashimi, you may also want to add a little wasabi to your soy sauce. Wasabi is a spicy paste that is made from horseradish. It has a very strong flavor, so use it sparingly!
How To Balance The Flavor Of Sushi
As we mentioned earlier, sushi is typically served with soy sauce and pickled ginger. These two things are there to help balance the flavor of the sushi. The soy sauce adds a salty flavor, while the pickled ginger helps to cleanse your palate in between bites.
One final tip: don’t forget to use chopsticks to eat the pickled ginger!
What Are The Common Fishes In Sushi?
Now that you know everything there is to know about sushi restaurants, it’s time to talk about the fish! Here are some of the most common types of fish used in sushi:
- Tuna: This is one of the most popular types of sushi. It has a light pink color and a mild flavor.
- Salmon: This is another popular type of sushi. It has a pinkish-orange color and a slightly richer flavor than tuna.
- Yellowtail: This fish has a yellowish color and a slightly sweet flavor.
- Eel: This fish has a dark brown color and a rich, savory flavor.
- Shrimp: This is a cooked type of sushi. It has a pinkish color and a slightly sweet flavor.
- Crab: This is a cooked type of sushi. It has a light brown color and a mild flavor.
Now that you know all about sushi, it’s time to go out and try it for yourself! Just remember to use chopsticks and to dip your sushi in soy sauce before eating it. And if you’re feeling adventurous, don’t be afraid to try something new!
We hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.Until next time, happy eating!
Are You Looking for Delicious Japanese Food and Some Family-Friendly Entertainment?
You’ve never had food this good! Kimono Restaurant offers a great place to take your family for entertainment, delicious eats, and fun. We start with the highest quality ingredients before grilling them right in front of you on our hibachi grill–the perfect way to get involved by watching as we prepare it just how YOU want it so there will be no surprises at all when they bite into your meal. This experience also gives us an opportunity to show off some amazing tricks which is where being entertained comes into play; our talented chefs will astound you even further by flipping meats around wildly or doing some other intricate, spectacular feats. If you’re looking for the perfect place to take your family for food, fun and entertainment, Kimono Japanese Restaurant in Benicia and Pleasanton, California, can’t be beaten! Join us today and experience the Kimono difference.