If you’re a steak lover, you’ve probably heard of Certified Angus Beef. This premium beef brand has established itself as a favorite among consumers who want the best possible eating experience. But how did the Certified Angus Beef brand come to be, and what sets it apart from other beef products? In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the history of Certified Angus Beef, including its origins and development, the brand’s marketing strategy, and the standards and criteria that make Certified Angus Beef such a sought-after product. So, grab a steak knife and let’s dig in!
What Is The History Of Certified Angus Beef?
In 1975, Harold Etling, an Angus rancher from Marshallville, Ohio, went out to dinner and ordered a steak advertised as “Angus” on the menu. Being a breeder of Angus beef cattle himself, he was excited to taste the steak and experience the great eating quality that this breed is known for. However, after a few disappointing bites, he realized that there had to be a better way to give consumers an indication of beef’s quality, including its tenderness, juiciness, and most importantly, its remarkable flavor.
Etling understood that the USDA grades could provide some information about the beef’s quality, but they had recently been redefined in the 1970s to focus on the leanness of meat, rather than marbling. As any beef lover knows, marbling, which is the little flecks of fat within the cut that melt during cooking, is the primary factor that determines beef’s flavor and quality. Therefore, Etling was motivated to find a better way to ensure that consumers could enjoy high-quality beef and know precisely what they were getting, leading him to create the Certified Angus Beef brand.
How Did The Certified Angus Beef Brand Develop Its Marketing Strategy?
The Certified Angus Beef brand has developed its marketing strategy over the years to establish itself as a premium brand in the beef industry. Here are some key elements of the brand’s marketing strategy:
1. Product Quality: The brand’s focus on delivering high-quality beef has been at the forefront of its marketing strategy since its inception. The brand’s standards and criteria ensure that consumers receive a consistently excellent product.
2. Branding And Messaging: The Certified Angus Beef logo and messaging have been consistent over the years, emphasizing the brand’s premium status and commitment to quality. The brand’s tagline, “The Original Angus Beef,” emphasizes the brand’s heritage and expertise.
3. Partnerships: The brand has developed partnerships with a variety of organizations and companies to help promote the brand and its products. For example, the brand has worked with chefs, restaurants, and grocery stores to showcase its products and educate consumers about the brand.
4. Consumer Education: The brand has developed a variety of educational resources to help consumers learn more about beef and the Certified Angus Beef brand. This includes online resources, such as recipes and cooking tips, as well as in-store demonstrations and educational materials.
5. Events And Promotions: The brand has developed a variety of events and promotions to showcase its products and engage with consumers. This includes events such as beef tastings and cooking demonstrations, as well as promotions such as discounts and giveaways.
Overall, the Certified Angus Beef brand has developed a marketing strategy that emphasizes its commitment to quality and premium status while also educating and engaging with consumers to build brand loyalty.
What Are The Standards And Criteria For Certified Angus Beef?
Certified Angus Beef (CAB) is a brand of high-quality beef that meets specific standards and criteria. The standards and criteria for CAB are set by the Certified Angus Beef LLC, which is a subsidiary of the American Angus Association. Here are the main standards and criteria for Certified Angus Beef:
1. Angus Breed: The beef must come from Angus cattle, which is a breed of beef cattle known for its superior flavor, tenderness, and marbling.
2. Quality Grade: The beef must be USDA Prime, Choice, or Select grade, which indicates a high level of quality and consistency in terms of tenderness, juiciness, and flavor.
3. Marbling: The beef must have a minimum amount of marbling, which is the small flecks of fat within the meat that enhance the flavor and tenderness. The minimum marbling score for CAB is Moderate or higher.
4. Maturity: The beef must be from cattle that are less than 30 months of age, which ensures tenderness and flavor.
5. Size: The beef must have a ribeye area of at least 10 square inches or larger, which ensures consistency and quality.
6. Appearance: The beef must have a uniform, consistent appearance, with a bright cherry-red color and firm texture.
By meeting these standards and criteria, Certified Angus Beef ensures a high level of quality and consistency for consumers who are looking for a premium beef eating experience.
How Do Certified Angus Beef Differ From Other Beef Products?
Certified Angus Beef (CAB) differs from other beef products in several key ways. Here are some of the main differences:
1. Quality: CAB is a premium beef brand that meets specific standards and criteria, including the use of Angus cattle and a minimum amount of marbling. This results in a higher level of quality and consistency than other beef products.
2. Flavor: The amount of marbling in CAB enhances the flavor of the beef and makes it more tender and juicy than other beef products. This is due to the small flecks of fat within the meat that melt during cooking.
3. Tenderness: The quality of the beef, combined with the marbling, results in a more tender product than other beef products.
4. Consistency: The CAB brand ensures consistency in its products by adhering to specific standards and criteria. This means that consumers can expect a high level of quality and consistency with every purchase.
5. Brand Recognition: The CAB brand has established itself as a premium brand in the beef industry, which means that consumers recognize it as a high-quality product.
Overall, Certified Angus Beef differs from other beef products due to its focus on quality, flavor, tenderness, consistency, and brand recognition. These differences make CAB a sought-after product for consumers who want the best possible eating experience.
Our Final Thoughts
The story of Certified Angus Beef is a fascinating one that highlights the importance of quality and consistency in the beef industry. From its origins as a solution to a rancher’s disappointment in a steak dinner to its current status as a premium beef brand, Certified Angus Beef has established itself as a favorite among steak lovers. The brand’s marketing strategy, which emphasizes product quality, branding and messaging, partnerships, consumer education, and events and promotions, has helped to build brand loyalty and recognition. The brand’s standards and criteria ensure that consumers receive a consistently excellent product, while the marbling within the beef makes it more tender, juicy, and flavorful than other beef products. Overall, the story of Certified Angus Beef is one of innovation, dedication to quality, and a commitment to delivering the best possible eating experience to consumers.
Are You Looking For Delicious Steak And Family-Friendly Entertainment?
You’ve never had steak this good! Looking for the ultimate dining experience with mouthwatering Certified Angus Beef? Look no further than Kimono Restaurant! Our high-quality ingredients and hibachi grilling technique ensure that your meal is prepared just the way you like it, with no surprises. But that’s not all – our talented chefs will also put on a show with their amazing tricks, flips and quips! Bring the whole family for a night of food, fun, and entertainment that you won’t forget. Come taste the best beef available in the Bay Area at Kimono Japanese Restaurant in Benicia and Pleasanton, California. Don’t miss out on the Kimono difference – book your table now!